So that someone can start a conversation with you through WhatsApp Messengerthe only thing it needs is your phone number, however, some unknown users sometimes send you messages and you quickly notice that that number belongs to another country.
You are probably asking yourself the following: “What is this information for?” It is important because someone “not added” could scam you by using numbers with prefixes from another country. Plus, you won’t need to download additional apps on your smartphone.
International codes do not confirm that a person lives in the country to which their number belongs, since WhatsApp works in any (authorized) territory even if you remove the SIM card from the smartphone. You only use the chip when you register for the first time or link your account on another phone.
How to know what country an unknown number is from on WhatsApp
- First, verify that WhatsApp do not have pending updates.
- Now, open the app and access the unknown user’s conversation.
- The next step is to press the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed.
- Tap on the option “Add to contacts” > then click “Create new contact”.
- Finally, the information you are looking for can be found in the section “Country”.
The “Country” section automatically shows you where that phone number is from. (Photo: GEC)
Reasons to enable temporary messages in your WhatsApp chats
- Storage: If a contact or group usually sends you “memes” in images or videos, here you must activate temporary messages, as this will prevent those viewed files from continuing to be stored in the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Privacy: Do they check your cell phone? With this tool you will not leave any message or evidence in the chat, it will be completely empty after the period of time you configured.
- Store unnecessary photos or videos– Surely sometimes they share repeated screenshots, photos or videos, these only consume your phone’s storage, so delete them as soon as possible.
- Independent: Applies to individual, group or all chats.
Did you find this WhatsApp trick interesting? We tell you that this messaging application is constantly changing and updating, so new shortcuts, codes and tools are always coming out that will make your experience sending or receiving texts, stickers or multimedia content more fun. To continue discovering the news you will only need to enter the following link with more WhatsApp notes in Mag, and that’s it. Do not miss it!
Follow us on our social networks: