DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
REPORT ON DAY 50 OF CONTINUED VIOLENCE
Evening of July 18, 2020/Early morning of July 19, 2020
Last evening, Portland saw additional violence with violent anarchists assaulting federal officers and damaging federal property. This siege, sustained by DHS law enforcement agents continuously for 50 days, consists of multiple federal crimes. Last night alone, violent anarchists engaged in the following criminal activity:
- Violent anarchists barricaded federal officers inside the Hatfield Federal Courthouse using materials harvested by dismantling nearby security fencing. Violent anarchists then launched commercial grade fireworks at the building, attempting to injure or kill federal officers.
- Violent anarchists attempted to blind federal officers by targeting their eyes with laser weapons.
- Violent anarchists launched projectiles at federal officers including commercial grade fireworks and bags of paint.
- Violent anarchists used dismantled security fencing to repeatedly bang against federal property attempting to breach it.
- Violent anarchists again set fire to the base of what used to host the City of Portland’s Elk statue, continuing multiple nights of fire at this site.
- Violent anarchists published personal lodging and rental details of DHS employees on social media, detailing exact locations including entrance and exit points of lodging, harassing rental and lodging staff, and asking individuals to acquire tools for attacks.
- Violent anarchists expanded riots beyond federal property to residential areas, also setting fire to the Portland Police Association.