This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.42 includes updates and new features for Web Application Scanning, highlights as follows.
Web Application Scanning
- Additional XSS Payload – A new option is available to have additional XSS payloads included in a standard scan. Previously, these payloads were included in an XSS Power Mode scan only.
- Information Gathered QIDs – Information Gathered QIDs (“IGs”) are now grouped appropriately into either “Scan Diagnostic” or “Security Weakness” category.
- Scan Again via API – The “Scan Again” option available in the WAS UI can now be invoked via the API.
- Cancel Scan with Results via API – The “Cancel Scan with Results” option available in the UI can now be invoked via the API.
- Verbose option in Search Web Apps API – A verbose flag can now be used for Search Web Apps API call. Tags associated with the web app(s) will be returned when this option is enabled..
API updates are also included with this release:
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
For more details about the above features – please review the release notes. Release notes will be posted as soon as they are available on the Qualys Suite Release Notes page.