What could a typical organization do to improve its cyber resilience? How could be enhanced the visibility of security incidents across the complex environment of a modern enterprise? To find the answer, let’s take a closer look at the typical security architecture.
We can see three major groups of elements in the enterprise infrastructure: the endpoints, the network, and the external cloud resources that the might use. There are 3 groups of security elements that correspond to these distinct areas: endpoint security, network security and cloud security technologies. All of them are important parts of the defense system. Unfortunately, most of the time these solutions are working independently, with limited integration between them.
But what if endpoint security and network security would natively work as a single, unified security solution for the enterprise environment? There would be 3 immediate benefits:
- Full visibility on security incidents across the organization, leading to faster detection of malicious activity.
- A unified defense solution covering all the elements in the network; including those not supporting a security agent, like IoT, or that are not under the management of corporate IT, like BYOD.
- An autonomous security platform with the ability to detect and swiftly respond to any cyber threats that might emerge in the organization’s infrastructure.
And what if all of these would be delivered in a platform that is not excessively complex, but simple enough to be effectively operated by most security teams?
Starting November 21st Bitdefender integrates endpoint, network and cloud security to provide 360 degrees visibility and autonomous threat response across modern enterprises. Through the integration of GravityZone and Network Traffic Security Analytics – meaning Endpoint, Cloud and Network-based security – Bitdefender provides an end-to-end breach avoidance platform that helps increasing the resilience against advanced threats. It also saves investigation effort and reduces the response time.
For an organization already using GravityZone, NTSA extends GravityZone’s capabilities in 3 important directions:
- Extends detection to include threats that might target the entire range of devices in the environment, including those that do not support agent-based security, like IoT and BYOD.
- Enhances the visibility, complementing the events detected at endpoint level with visibility on the security incidents at the network level.
- NTSA triggers automatic response through GravityZone, for the threats detected in the network.
Also starting November 21st, Bitdefender NTSA will be available from the cloud, as well as on the customer premises. This enhances the deployment flexibility and makes the solution better fitted for mid-sized enterprises. To learn more on the advantages of endpoint security and network security working together, please check our free webinar: How to get 360-degree visibility and increased cyber-resilience or go to https://www.bitdefender.com/business/enterprise-products/network-traffic-security-analytics.html
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Business Insights In Virtualization and Cloud Security authored by Bogdan Carlescu. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BusinessInsightsInVirtualizationAndCloudSecurity/~3/OG6WXnc83SI/how-to-get-360-degree-visibility-and-increased-cyber-resilience