We at Ubiq (www.goubiq.com – YCombinator S17) have a full-time Full-stack developer role available.
We’re busy working on the next iteration of our product offerings for the next evolution of business communication. We are growing our engineering team to support our customer feature requests. Ubiq is used by over 250 companies around the world including US, Canada, China, India, Malaysia and Singapore.
As a Backend Developer at Ubiq, you will be focusing on engineering, implementing, and maintaining core software and technical systems to support the products at Ubiq.
You will be actively involved in engineering and designing the features of the core product following agile methodologies as well as test-driven development.The main focus of the role is to ensure the development of a high quality of the product that meets or exceeds the expectations of our stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build a large scale distributed and scalable real-time collaboration services
- Design simple, intuitive API to solve complex architectural problems
- Architect and build efficient servers that are geo-optimized
- Deploy and operate server clusters within a cloud environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Python frameworks – Django, Tornado with at least 2 years of experience developing, shipping, and maintaining real-time system
- Have deep understanding of multi-threading and high performance distributed architecture
- Able to work independently and drive results
- Ability to find the root cause of problems with a minimal set of information and data points
- Ability to find the optimal solution given the resource constraints, and understands the concepts of under-engineering and over-engineering
- Experience working on real-time chat/messaging system
- Experience handling massive concurrent connections and processing large-scale traffic
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems
- Understanding of Python, and Event-Driven Frameworks
- Understanding of TCP/IP and network programming
- Understanding of RDBMS, NoSQL and distributed databases
- Understanding of server virtualization, global infrastructures, load balancing, and handling massive data traffic
- Awards from programming competitions (e.g., ACM ICPC, IOI, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Django: 4 years
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Ubiq – YC S17.
Other jobs you may like
Broadway Technology Inc. – Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
15 days ago